Child aged 10 dies after drinking coconut milk as importer admits label charges

A 10-year-old child died from an allergic reaction after drinking a “natural” coconut drink imported by a Sydney firm.

The canned product from Taiwan, Greentime Natural Coconut Drink, is sold in most states and was recalled just over a month later following the tragedy in December 2013. But it was never revealed that it was blamed for causing the fatal anaphylactic reaction in the child from Melbourne.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/national/health/child-aged-10-dies-after-drinking-coconut-milk-as-importer-admits-label-charges-20150925-gjvakb.html#ixzz3nmMIiZyt
Follow us: @smh on Twitter | sydneymorningherald on Facebook

Advertisements

#food-poisoning-2